EUROPE’S NEW DATA PRIVACY RULES
Two years ago, the GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulation ) new rules was passed in order to reshape the way companies regardless of their location collect personal data for use such as advertising. On May 25th, the new European Data collection measures takes effect, and is to reach beyond the continent.
What should you know and how it affects you ?
First, companies will be required to alert EU users when they are collecting data and the reason for it, expressed in a non technical language. EU consumers will have the right to have their personal data removed from any company whenever they choose to do so.
US data policy
No US law regulates the use of personal data. A web of state and federal legislation is relied upon. While in the US data collection is largely considered a natural expression of a free market, legislators in the EU see data privacy as a right.
"In the US, privacy is essentially thought of as a property right.... It could be for sale, in that you can trade access to platforms in exchange for some of your private information,” says Ifeoma Ajunwa, a professor in the Industrial and Labor Relations School at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY "The difference, of course, is that in the EU, because privacy is not predominantly viewed as a property right but rather as a human right, it merits governmental protection" on a comprehensive basis.
Companies response to the new GDPR law
Although the full global effect of the GDPR remains to be seen, major companies around the world have already begun to make changes to abide by the rules. Corporate companies that operate globally like Facebook, Google , Twitter, Apple , Microsoft etc...it has gradually become clear that doing business seamlessly in Europe is far important than not complying to the new rules. Non complying companies will be subjected to a 20 million ( around $ 24 million) fine when they engage with EU consumers, or 4% of annual worldwide turnover for groups of companies, whichever is greater. They will have the task to locate their EU customers in order not to violate the new rules.
Is the EU setting a new global standard?
After Europe passed the GDPR, Britain introduced mirror legislation in its Parliament, even though voters in 2016 opted to leave the EU.Key changes to EU data protection introduced by the GDPR
- More rigorous requirements for obtaining consent for collecting personal data.
- Raising the age of consent for collecting an individual’s data from 13 to 16 years old.
- Requiring a company to delete data if it is no longer used for the purpose it was collected.
- Requiring a company to delete data if the individual revokes consent for the company to hold the data.
- Requiring companies to notify the EU government of data breaches in 72 hours of learning about the breach.
- Establishing a single national office for monitoring and handling complaints brought under the GDPR.
- Firms handling significant amounts of sensitive data or monitoring the behaviour of many consumers will be required to appoint a data protection officer.
- Fines up to €20m or 4% of a company’s global revenue for its non-compliance.
IN THE DRIVING SEAT
Every time you shop online, use an app, stream music or a movie or even 'like' a social media post, you generate data. This is a huge scale!
To keep pace, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has come into force on 25th May 2018.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It's the biggest change to UK data privacy law for 20 years and creates a single set of rules that better protects personal information for people across the EU. All organizations must review how they manage all personal data, such as customer addresses and staff details, and ensure they meet GDPR requirements.
Data Protection and GDPR
We understand that your personal data is exceptionally important to you and when you trust us with it we have a duty to keep it safe and secure. What we do and don't do:
- We do use data to provide you with great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it's relevant, useful and timely.
- We do respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements.
- We do go the extra mile to protect your data.
WE SAFEGUARD YOUR DATA
1. You're better protected
2. You have more control
The new regulation supports your right to have your privacy respected and your data protected. It gives you easier access to the personal information organisations hold about you, if you wish to check or change it. It is designed to give you confidence that this information is accurate, up to date and well managed.
3. You can choose who can contact you, and how
Since May 25th, businesses will be asking for your consent to be contacted with offers, rewards or information about new products. You can control if and how you want to be contacted, for example by email or phone or not at all. As a Naughty Monkeyzz customer, we'll be contacting you to ask you to choose how you would like to receive updates from us on features, products and offers.
4. You can change your mind
Remember, every organization must provide you with the opportunity to change your mind. This is intended to give you options and keep you in control. We will ensure that you can update your choices at any time.
ABOUT NAUGHTY MONKEYZZ Ltd
We are Naughty Monkeyzz Ltd, an online adult store owned and run by Naughty Monkeyzz
NM Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales – Company registration 10791691
The company’s registered office is at 27 Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX. The registered VAT number is 000000000
The terms, ‘‘we , us , our’’ refer to Naughty Monkeyzz Ltd.
It explains how your data is collected ,used, transferred and disclosed, as well as data collected through our websites, interaction with us through social media platforms, emails, phone or taking part in our events and competitions.
Please read the following carefully.
Please note that Naughty Monkeyzz is an online sex toys store and geared towards the over 18’ due to the nature of our products. Please refrain from using this website if you are under 18 years of age.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us -You may give us information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in the NAUGHTY MONKEYZZ interactive Forum, enter a competition, promotions or surveys, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
The following information may be collected, but will be anonymous/encrypted and will not contain any information from which you can be identified:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details and bank account (details not stored),
- Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
EMAILS & NEWSLETTERS
We will email you to process your order and afterwards to introduce you to the benefits of our loyalty programs if you consent.
We will never pass on your email address or personal information to a third party for marketing purposes. We will provide your email address to delivery services for the sole purpose of sending you tracking notifications for your delivery.
To ensure we always provide you with the top-notch service you deserve, Naughty Monkeyzz works closely with the independent reviews database Trustpilot. An email will be sent to you after your order is complete asking you to rate your shopping experience with us.
You will be notify of products or offer that may be of interest to you if we have your permission.
We will never share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Cookies' are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit some websites. They are not viruses or programs and cannot damage your computer.
- No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
- For the full technical explanation, read more about Cookies as explained in Google.
- If you wish to remove these cookies, you can do so by following by going to your settings.
UNSUBSCRIBE AT YOUR EASE
When you join the NAUGHTY MONKEYZZ email newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every message that we send. Or you can send a message to our customer support department and we will unsubscribe you.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information you provide is used by us only for the following purposes:
- To improve your shopping experience at our website
- To process your order
- With your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose such information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as may reasonably be required.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our site may contain links to other websites that are not owned or operated by us. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies.
STORAGE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our host secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet may not be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in place to prevent unauthorized access.
OUR PROMISE ON THE USE OF YOUR DATA
The Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act 1998) has various provisions which ensure that any person who has access to your personal information must comply with strict rules.
The Act provides the following principles, which we follow at all times:
- We will process your data fairly and lawfully.
- We will obtain your data only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not use it for any other purpose.
- We will ensure that personal data held shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is held.
- We will ensure that personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- We will ensure that personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- We will ensure that personal data shall be processed in accordance with your rights under the Act.
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any personal data from any destruction, damage or loss.
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access and check information held about you. Should you wish we can provide you with all the information that we hold about please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR DATA, YOUR RIGHTS
Rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent- based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office
We only use your personal information to process your order and to send you the goods. We will therefore share your delivery information with our payment gateways – Paypal, 000000payment gateway, our bank in case of card or transfer payments and our delivery partners who will need these details in order to arrange the delivery of your purchase.
Our delivery partners may send you SMS to agree on delivery times, as well as update you on the progress of your order. These communication between our delivery partners and you the customer are not controlled by Naughty Monkeyzz as they are sent automated from the third party – our delivery partners.
Your details will not be used for any other form of marketing by our delivery partners.JURISDICTION
We control and operate our site from the UK & Germany (regardless of where hosting servers are located). However all matters relating to the site are governed by the laws of England and Wales, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the site shall be the courts of England and Wales. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of the EU. If you are located outside of the EU, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.SEVERABILITY
If for any reason any part of this policy is found to void or unenforceable, it will be deemed severed from the remainder of the policy, which will continue in full force and effect.CONTACT US
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com